ARA Venn (formerly Venn Partners) is a specialist investment manager and operating partner in the residential sector within the UK and select European countries
We specialise in creating investment products and providing investment management services that provide access to compelling risk-return opportunities, whilst satisfying borrower demand for competitive, efficient and transparent loan product in an ever-changing market. This currently includes the following strategies:
- A £3bn senior lending programme into the UK affordable housing market, guaranteed by the UK government
- A £3.5bn senior lending programme into the UK build-to-rent sector, guaranteed by the UK government
- Residential mortgage lending in the Netherlands, where we have deployed over €1.5bn of capital and have helped to establish a licenced mortgage origination platform which has originated over €3bn of mortgages
- Residential mortgage lending in the UK targeting various categories of prime but under-served customers and where we have helped to establish a licenced mortgage origination platform for those segments
- Secondary acquisitions of residential loan portfolios
- Acquisition of single family rental units (SFR) within core European markets
In delivering these strategies, the firm serves a diversified range of government entities, leading global institutions, and private investors. We underwrite and invest in our transactions, aligning ourselves with our investors and borrowers.
Our team comprises experienced professionals that pull together origination, underwriting, liability structuring and risk management skills, with a deep understanding of investor and borrower requirements.
We have also developed a proprietary online loan management and risk analytics system, called Vera. It provides us with an efficient, consistent and transparent way to book, monitor, manage and report on risk and is licensed to investment managers in other sectors to allow them to do the same.
Since January 2022, ARA Venn (as part of ARA Asset Management), has been part of the ESR Group, APAC’s largest real asset manager powered by the “new economy” and the third largest listed real estate investment manager globally. With US$156bn in gross assets under management as at 31 December 2022, ESR’s fully integrated development and investment management platform extends across key APAC markets, including China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, India, New Zealand and Southeast Asia, representing over 95% of GDP in APAC, and also includes an expanding presence in Europe and the U.S. ESR is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
For further information about ESR please visit www.esr.com